Friday, June 26, 2015

A new era for me

Here I am. In Arkansas. Land that I had never seen until recently. There is beautiful country side, sky and clean air.
I am looking forward to experiencing the seasons again (although tge winter is much milder than NJ) and curling up with a good book while it snows.


In the meantime though, things need to be cleaned up and get ready for my small dwelling (which I ordered, hurrah!!) It is a 12'×20' barn style building build on site in about 2 weeks.
The plan is to finish it with to a confortable point and live in it while my daughter and I work on the "large" house (under 800 sq. ft.) for the next year or so.
I can't wait to show you my progress with it once it is build!!
Today I went to the lot and marked the driveway entry as well as looked around for trees to knock down. The bush hogger is coming tomorrow. Although I will not be able to take down all the cedar trees at once (cost prohibitive at present), I already have a few great ideas for their use and look forward to using the raw material that comes from my land in order to live better.
And so... it begins. Living a reality that still seems a fantasy to me. Step one about to go down. Woohoo!