Friday, March 10, 2017

Day 10- Back to the city

Back to the city

Just when I thought my adventure was over, it extended itself a bit more.
Due to extenuating circumstances, my ride was unable to come get me at 10 am to take me back to my car, which was waiting for me an hour away in Acton.
I was now worried because I had to make it back to the city in time for my daughter's spring concert at 2pm.




Around 11 am, Bob gave me a lift to the Neenach Cafe and Market, 4 miles East of Hiker Town. We hoped I would be able to hitch a ride from a local heading toward Acton. I brought a delicious home made breakfast while the nice cashier posted about my dilemma in the local FB page.



Shortly after that, a gentleman kindly offered to take us to Acton in the name of Neenach Cafe and Market. He had hiked the trail and was friendly to hikers.
We shared trail stories and a bit of our own past in our ride. I loved talking to someone who knew where I had been in the last 10 days and could relate to so easily.


I walked triumphantly into the Acton KOA office to say my goodbyes and thanked the staff. I was so happy to be there!


An hour later, I got to Burbank 20 minutes before curtain time.



This truly was an unforgettable day. Little tops seeing your daughter sign about being "invincible", "proud", "so confident" and "unstoppable today" the day you finish your first solo hike of 73 miles on the PCT.

It was an awesome end to a fantastic experience!


No comments: